Autumn… or Fall , why is it called Fall? What was wrong with Autumn? I know leaves fall in Autumn but why? We don’t call winter Snow or Summer Sweat do we… I don’t understand 🙂
1. The trees display spectacular colours during the early Autumn days. So many rich, warm tones. Very beautiful. The kids still love to build piles and jump in the leaves.
2. Apple cider and pumpkins get to feature in menus. I’m not a pumpkin pie fan but I do love muffins and slice and soups made with pumpkins. It makes you feel warm and cozy. It’s pretty good fun to go apple picking and to get lost in those creepy corn mazes.
3. The chill in the air is invigorating. It’s not too cold to spend lots of time outside in the fresh air.
4. You get to wear boots again!
6. The kids are back in school, this could be #1 actually .
7. Halloween and Thanksgiving are fun times to enjoy. Even though these things are relatively new to us, we enjoy them.
8. The crazy people go inside in the evenings because it’s getting too cold. Summer is a cranky time in the city because everyone is too hot. In Autumn they get to cool down. This is a good thing.
9. Winter menu foods are here. I love soups and stews and hotpot meals. I love the smell of the house when there’s something cooking all day.
10. The weather is cooler and you can sleep at night, snuggled under the covers. No more noisy airconditioner or loud street noise with the windows open.
11. Cos all cool things go up to 11… I’ve heard pumpkin spice latte is da bomb but I’m too scared to try it.
It truly is a beautiful season. I think it’s my favourite.