I am very humbled to have received an award from Anna @annaeddins. It’s my first one and it’s pretty exciting. The Leibster Award is an award given to new bloggers for encouragement on a job well done so far……It’s an interesting journey writing a blog. So far I am enjoying every minute.
So this is how it works:
Yes, every award is awarded with rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
- Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
- No tag backs.
Here are 11 things about me:
1. I LOVE open fires
2. I love the smell of summer rain
3. I need to go walking by myself often
4. I miss Australia
5. The kids drive me crazy a lot
6. I love springtime flowers but can never get motivated to plant them in time
7. I think getting up before the sun is unnatural and should be illegal
8. I think fast cars and loud music Always go together.
9. I HATE ironing!
10. I’m fascinated by foreign languages and try to learn them often… I am not fluent in any but I can order beer and coffee in 2!
11. I can’t get into to an unmade bed, even if that means making it then getting in
And here are the questions for me to answer:
1. What is your favorite hobby?
I have several things I call hobbies but I guess the biggest one is making clothes. not that I do it very much anymore.
2. How soon did you or would you marry after your first date with your true one-and-only?
Our circumstances we’re not conventional to say the least. We married after 9 years but I believe I knew he was right after about 3-4.
3. Pro-life or Pro-choice? Explain.
This is a tough question. Although I’m a Christian I am pro-choice. I believe you should have total control over your own body and no one should dictate how you handle your reproductive life. There will always be those who need to terminate for whatever their reason and it’s not for us to judge, their time will come.
4. How do you feel about gay marriage? Explain.
Another tough question. I have no issue with any couple committing their lives to each other. I think the real issue is having equality in the eyes of the law for those unions. The laws need to change to recognise life partners regardless of sexual orientation. However, calling it marriage is a separate issue. Marriage is a religious ceremony borne by the church between a man and a woman. That is not the same as a civil union which is defined by the law of the land. Everyone should have the right to equality under the law. What you call it is irrelevant.
5. If you were to find $10 in your pocket right now, what would you do with it?
Get excited I had 10 dollars more than I thought and put it in my wallet.
6. Cappuccino, Frappuccino or latte?
All of the above 🙂 why choose?
7. Who is your favorite band/vocalist?
Zac Brown Band
8. Would you or have you ever given a child up for adoption?
I haven’t and I couldn’t say what I would do unless the situation arose.
9. Would you or have you ever considered adoption?
I have all the children I can cope with.
10. What is number one on your bucket list?
To see the 7 wonders of the world.
11. Are you now, where you want to be for the rest of your life?
I am where I’m supposed to be for now but life is a fluid thing and to say this is where I’m supposed to be for the rest of my life would be just poking the Gods 🙂 I’m certainly with the one I should be for the rest of my life though. Where he takes me next.. I can only brace myself for 🙂
1. Do you prefer sweet or savoury?
2. Drinker or Non-drinker?
3. Dogs or Cats?
4. Did you plan your children (if you have any) or were they surprises?
5. Do or have you ever given blood?
6. Do you prefer country life or city life?Explain.
7. Do you have any irrational fears?
8. What is your opinion on euthanasia ? Explain.
9. Would you or have you ever been skinny dipping?
10. Have you ever been caught in a compromising position ?
11. If you took drugs as a young person would you admit it to your children at an age appropriate time or would you take it to your grave? Explain.
And the Nominees are:
Well Done everyone 🙂 These are the blogs I love to read, I’m not sure if everyone qualifies but it’s so hard to tell and I failed on reaching 11. It’s taken 3 days to compile the list I have. Forgive me.