It’s the months of Awards….. The Golden Globes, The Screen Actors Guild ,The Oscars……and this,
These awards are always so much fun but they are work too. It has been said they’re a little like herpes in the blogging world. Sleepybard from The Insomniac’s Dream, who loves me dearly, and I her, passed on this particular strain ….. Some shun them because of the work involved. Still, regardless of the work involved and the trying to find other bloggers to pass them onto, I love receiving them. It’s a kind of validation of what we do. I’m good with that.
This award requires me to be inspired by 15, yep FIFTEEN…. The main problem with this is that more often than not we all move in the same circles and so those who inspire me have been given the award already. That’s the part that sucks… However in the spirit of inventiveness I will try to stretch my horizons and find 15 new others.
But first the 7 inspiring things about me:
1. I am a realist. Not sure if that’s inspiring but you know where you stand with me.
2. I am extremely patient. I find this inspiring because it saves many from certain death with the amount of bullshit I put up with on a regular basis.
3. I am honest and upfront. If you know me, then you know, I say it like I see it. I won’t gloss over stuff. Inspiring? who knows, I’m inspired to call you on your shit. Who doesn’t want a friend like that 😛
4. This is hard! Ok, I write words on a page that inspire people to smile, cry, yell, agree, disagree, and some even tell me about it in the comments.
5. I hope I inspire my children to stand up for themselves by seeing me do the same for them. I inspire them to behave on threat of pain and punishment. They, in turn, inspire me to be a better mother, to be more patient and to learn from them while teaching them all I know.
6. I inspire my husband…….well I must. He’s still here and very much in love with me… or he’s an excellent actor 😛
7. This is a lot of ‘all about me’ stuff. I hope I inspire you to come back and read more and to check out the people I find inspiring.
8. And this is extra…. have I inspired you to vote yet, with all my begging on circle of moms?
Ok enough silliness, These people inspire me often and you should just go see for yourself.
Momspirational : Hello Mom + inspirational.. Duh!
Peanut Layne: This lady is down but not out…. What an inspiration. She laughs at her illness and helps us by making us laugh too.
Karen at Baking In a Tornado: This lady rallied when Peanut got ill. The power of the internet helping others.
Cloudy with A Chance of Wine: This lady inspires me to be funnier. Just that.
The Next Step Blog: Lori, Lori, Lori…. it’s inspiring I don’t wet my pants every time I read her stuff. Just go see.
Molly Field Grass Oil : I found Molly on a day I thought was never gonna end and I was going insane. It was her post that talked me down and made me see that I’m not alone in my crazed pre menopausal psychoness (it’s a word ok)
Cranky Mom of Two: funny, makes me laugh but I’m mostly inspired by her journey with her son’s illness and she’s a cancer survivor so BOOM!
Snarkfest: This woman is not afraid to tell it like it is. She also makes up songs when her kids make or miss the bus on facebook… Funny.
Diapers Or Wine: Sue Diamond Phillips (not her real name… bummer right) Just talks like you’re having coffee with her pouring our your soul to each other. Love her for that.
Buried with Children: This chick, I professed my undying love and promised to tell her she’s funny and I love her every day on twitter. I fail but I sometimes remember.
FiveDownUnder: I found this awesome blog only last week. I must have spend an hour on it. It was so interesting to see someone doing exactly what I’m doing but in reverse. An American in Australia.
Selfish Mom: A super big blogger who’s probably rolling her eyes for getting this but she inspired me by allowing me to stalk her and helped where she could when I was just learning. Thank you Amy.
That’s only 11 but that’s plenty of reading for you guys anyway, and I’m all inspired out ….